3d printer for homebrew?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3d printer for homebrew?

Post by zsolt on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm

HI,
i recently purchased a 3D printer I3Metal One (kit).It's built with an avr chip , all software free ( probably the cheapest kit ) 
The main board is programmed in Arduino ide, the 3d drawings are imported in Repetier Host (free), where they can be sliced with various built in slicer programs (free) , by this the Repetier Host can generate the G code for the printer . The printer can take G commands from Repetier through USB link or Repetier can upload all G code to an SD card, than the printer can operate alone without computer .
Oh , and this kit can be easily modified by adding a biax , or (what i'm trying now ) a marker to draw PCB's . The same  Repetier Host program can be used . 

And i'm doing my 3d drawings in Tinkercad , it's online , free , basic  .
Since all code is "available " to edit and modify , i see no reason why this kit can't be upgraded to 500x500x500 mm or even bigger . All you need is a good mechanic ( and a lathe  Very Happy ) . In my country the mechanics (belt, axes ...) are available at fair price .
I don't know if it's true , i heard that with 3 webcams and some software a 3d scanner could be made ...

zsolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:06 am

Hi,
if I decide to buy a 3D printer, i will select some type from the Prusa line.
It offers full support to me. It would be nice for railway modelling. It could
be used to make various knobs, tuning gear, parts of CW keys etc., too.

BR from Ivan

Ivan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Densil on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 pm

ps - is that you on twitter @sm0vpo with the new camera?
i thought it must be but i once wrote to sm0vpo@hotmail.com many years ago and it wasnt you  scratch   i thought id just check b4 i follow the guy.
/D

Densil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3d printer for homebrew?

Post by Densil on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi harry. I read in december that you are using a 3d printer. i saw the article on your homepage about the replacement for denco coils. one of your links is defective on www.sm0vpo.com but it works ok on sm0vpo.altervista.org. have you forgotten to upload the file?

i wonder if you have done anything else with the 3d printer? 2 years ago i was a member of a syndicate and we bought a rigidbot for $300. the other guys lost interest and i bought their shares for almost nothing. so now i am looking for things to make and get some ideas from you.

i have got sketchup 3d sw and cura slicer. so far i have made a saltpot and a soap dish and a few small toys. but i want to know if there are any serious uses in hamradio that you come up with? other than coil formers.

i read u were busy so take your time to answer. the printer hasnt been used for a year until i got it.
/D

Densil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum